‘Last modified 7/08/2022’
Information collecting by us
Information you provide to us:
- Email address;
- First name and Last name (you have an option to not provide it);
- Account credentials when you create an Owledge account;
- Demographic data such as age, gender and country (you have an option to not provide it);
- Billing information – credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code to process your payments;
- A content generated by you – any messages you send to us, review forms, comments and user’s profile info;
- Courses you take part in and tasks you create using the built-in feature;
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
Automatically collected information:
- When you start using our Service, our integrated software may automatically collect the information such as your IP address, browser type and language you use, data analytics such as number of clicks on certain buttons, pages viewed, date and time of using our website and other service-related information.
- Data files called cookies which are on your device. This type of information helps us to personalize your experience while using our website, consider your preferences and advertise relevant promotions. You can always control the cookies through your browser settings.
- When you use our Service, our service providers may automatically collect general location information such as IP address, city/state and/or postal code and country of living.
Information from other sources:
- Publicly-available sources including social networks when you grant us an access to the information that is related to our Service.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
How we use your information
The following points include:
- Operating and managing our Service (registration and further use of the Service).
- Service updates and changes to our policies notifications, technical and support messages, security alerts, administrative messages. Also this part includes sending you promotions, special events information and service-related offers.
- Research of focus groups, trends, different activities and surveys.
- Improving the Owledge websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Improving our customer service when responding to your requests for information.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
- Security of our websites and applications to avoid any crashes and/or other technical issues.
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
Sharing your information
We share information with service providers ONLY for our technical needs or business purposes: domain and hosting services, payment processing, any kind of data analytics, marketing and advertising, technical support. We may permit our service providers to fetch data except of your personal information for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
Vendors and other parties.
Vendors such as analytics and advertising technology companies or our service providers may have an access to some of your personal information. Check our “Analytics and Advertising” section below for more information.
We share information you make public through the Service, such as information in your profile or other public sections of the Service. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. You are always able to edit or delete such information.
Security and Compelled Disclosure.
We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
Analytics and Advertising
- We may use third-party web analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above.
- Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Retention of your information
We keep your information for certain period of time and this period depends on the purposes for which we collect and use the information. After this period is ended, we delete your information permanently to protect it from being stolen.
Protection of your information
Third-party links and services
The Owledge’s Service and its content is not for children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you have spotted any violations by collecting personal information from children under the age of 16 without a valid consent, please, contact us via email: email@example.com and we will immediately remove it. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Questions or suggestions? Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org